Sunday, July 31, 2016

Day 4- Sea Day

At sea day. Always fun checking out all there is to do on the ship. Started out with a workout in the fitness center, then to the raffle for over $1,000 worth of prizes...no luck. Then my Mom, Julie, and I had 35 minutes to put together a 500 piece puzzle in hopes to beat 9'other teams. Sorry to say, we didn't finish in the top 3 :(. Then, off to Bingo where my Mom kept her winning streak alive winning the 1st game. After a light lunch, it was off to the champagne art auction, where they gave into temptation and purchased a Mickey Mouse etching for the bargain price (I think!) of $75.  Now, I am at afternoon tea. Afternoon tea is a wonderful treat...check out the pictures!

There go my carbs for the day! The wait staff serve with silver and white gloves. The tea is great...the scones amazing! I stumbled upon the afternoon tea during my 1st cruise, each cruise line has had one, all excellent. 
The sun has finally come out today. It is quite cool with about a 10-20 knot wind. 
Tomorrow we arrive in Juneau, the capital of Alaska. My cousin Sue and I are embarking on a 4.5 mile wildlife hike, Kevin, Julie, Erin, and Bryan are going on a helicopter and dog sled excursion.  I will see if I can upload some video from the GoPro Kevin will be using tomorrow. 

Here are a few pictures of the boat and scenery of the coast.


No comments:

Post a Comment